Fruit smoothies are one of my favorite things to whip up at home. They’re easy to do, delicious, and are east to manipulate however you want. Below is the basic recipe I follow, with the variations I have tried listed beneath that. If you have any great fruit smoothie recipes, please share!
Basic Fruit Smoothie
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
1 banana, cut into pieces
1-2 handfuls of frozen fruit, your preference
1-2 tbsp yogurt
milk, or fruit juice to consistency
Toss ingredients in blender, blend until smooth.
1) Add more milk/juice for a thinner smoothie.
2) Add more yogurt for a creamier smoothie.
3) Add more frozen fruit for a thicker smoothie.
1) Tired of your bananas going bad before you can use them all? Peel and freeze in a ziploc bag, either whole or in pieces.
2) If you need to take vitamins or other dietary supplements, buy them in liquid form and add to the smoothie. I can’t taste the added calcium I put in mine, and it helps boost my intake.
1) Add chocolate for a chocolate & fruit smoothie.
2) Remove the yogurt, and use soy, rice milk, or almond milk for a dairy-free alternative.
3) Try adding some dessert tofu for the creaminess of yogurt without the dairy.
4) Experiment with different fruit juices for a stronger flavor.