The ladies at work and myself, and my boyfriend, are all trying out a type of detox “diet” this week. I say “diet” because we really didn’t cut out much from our regular diet, except the junk food. We mushed a few different detox diets together to create our own, and we each have our own modifications on it as per our unique likes and dislikes. Here is our list of acceptable foods:
– Fresh fruit (frozen fruit so long as it’s only lists the fruit as an ingredient)
– Fresh vegetables (except potatoes or anything really starchy)
– Chicken (preferably organic)
My personal meal plan for the day is as follows:
– Yogurt for breakfast (I bought Liberte 0% Greek Yogurt, pineapple/pear/blood orange flavor pack)
– Fresh fruit salad for breakfast/mid-morning snack (honey dew melon, cantaloupe, pineapple, blackberries, grapes)
– Salad for lunch (organic spring mix lettuce, grape tomatoes, low-cal balsamic vinaigrette dressing)
– Fresh vegetables or fruit for afternoon snack (carrots, cucumber, bell peppers, sugar snap peas, avocado, kiwi, apple)
– Chicken or salmon for dinner (no salt or spice mixes allowed; for salmon I am going to use fresh lemon juice and black pepper)
– Fruit smoothie after workouts (banana, frozen strawberries, yogurt, milk/water to thin, protein powder)
There are a few other things that we are allowing, like whole almonds (not salted or seasoned), hard boiled eggs for my poor boyfriend who needs twice as many calories as me in a day, and things like low-calorie salad dressing because I for one can’t eat plain lettuce.
The whole point of the week is really to eat healthy – no junk food, no salt, no pop, no butter or oil, no carbs, no starch, etc. We started today with breakfast (Monday) and are going until Friday at breakfast. And for lunch that day we are getting Vietnamese food, as our reward, which is likely undo everything we are aiming to do this week. But we are only human, we can only do so much.
I am tracking all my food and exercise this week religiously on My Fitness Pal (username: kitchentales) to make sure I am still eating enough calories and getting all my nutrients.
So we’ll see if I actually manage to maintain this diet for the week when I check in again Friday. I can tell you I am also planning on making a beef wellington a la Gordon Ramsay on the weekend for my boyfriend (he’s been craving one ever since he watched the Gordon Ramsay Christmas special), so look for that recipe this weekend!
Have a good week and happy healthy eating!