So I have recently discovered the Bistro Boxes at Starbucks. Of course I recreated them at home! I love the idea of a “picnic” lunch with multiple parts and flavours, it makes me happy. So here are some Bistro Boxes I have put together recently for my lunches to inspire you! Add your own suggestions in the comments below!
– Tuna salad & sweet potato crackers/chips
– Peanut butter & crackers
– Muesli bread & peanut butter (I’m going to try making my own muesli bread this weekend)
– Hard-boiled egg
– Turkey bites (or pepperoni)
– Deli meat & crackers
– Carrots, sugar snap peas, cucumber and/or grape tomatoes, with hummus to dip
– Edamame (with salt of course!)
Sweet “Dessert” Boost:
– Apple slices (I recommend Gala or Pink Lady)
– Berries (raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
I like my bistro boxes to be heavy on the protein so that I will stay full for longer. I tend to pick 2 of the protein boost items, 1 dairy/calcium or vegetable boost, and a lovely mix of fresh fruit to act as “dessert”. What items would you throw into a bistro box?
Stay tuned for my muesli bread, hopefully coming this weekend!